Summers in Arizona can be scorching, with temperatures often soaring above 1OO °F. It’s crucial to care for and maintain your air conditioner before the hot weather sets in so that it can efficiently cool your home. If your AC is showing any signs of malfunction please call Comstock Air Conditioning at (928) 783-7062. Our experienced professionals specialize in AC repair in Foothills, AZ, and surrounding areas.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare your air conditioner for summer:
- Schedule a tune-up: Like any other mechanical system in your home, your air conditioning system requires regular maintenance to run efficiently. Call one of our professionals for ductless air conditioning repair in Yuma, AZ, before the summer heat hits. We can help ensure that it’s running correctly and will help prevent any unexpected breakdowns.
- Clean the filters: Dirty air filters not only reduce the efficiency of your ductless AC but can also lead to premature wear and tear on the system. You can remove them from the unit and rinse them with warm water to clean your filters. Let the air filters air dry completely before putting them back in place.
- Check for leaks: Leaks in your ductwork lead to higher energy bills and cause your system to work harder than it needs to, causing damage. To check for leaks, you can put a piece of tape over the end of the duct and then turn on the system. If the tape is blown off, you have a leak.
- Check the drain line: The drain line for your ductless AC drains away any condensation that builds up on the evaporator coils. If this line becomes clogged, it can cause water to back up into the unit, causing damage. You can clean the drain line by removing it from the system and flushing it using a garden hose.
- Check the vents and registers: The vents might have become blocked by furniture or other objects during winter. Clear these vents so that air can circulate without any restrictions. Also, check the registers to see if they are fully open. Adjusting them will help better airflow.
- Install a smart thermostat: One of the best ways to reduce energy costs is to upgrade to a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats allow you to operate the system from your phone or tablet, so you can always ensure your system is running at peak efficiency. They can also learn your preferences over time and adjust automatically to keep you comfortable while saving you money.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your air conditioner is ready to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer. Contact Comstock Air Conditioning if you have any questions about preparing your system for summer or need ductless air conditioning repair in Yuma, AZ. Our professional HVAC experts are always happy to help!
If you find irreplaceable damage in your AC unit, our professionals can help you with AC installation in Yuma, AZ. Call us today for all your air conditioning needs.