Air conditioners don’t last forever and, on average last around 10-15 years. However, this number will differ depending on the quality of the unit, how often it’s used, and other factors. So, when is it time to start considering AC replacement in Yuma, AZ? Here are some telltale signs:
- Rising electricity bills: If your AC unit works overtime to keep your home cool, it will increase your energy bill. If you notice a sudden and unexplained spike in your electricity usage, it could be time for a new AC unit.
- Frequent repairs: After continuous usage, any type of air conditioner will eventually require repairs. If you have to repair your air conditioner unit more often than usual, it may be time for a replacement.
- Short cycling: Short cycling is when your air conditioning system turns on and off more frequently than usual. It can cause several issues, but if it’s a persistent problem, it could lead to more significant issues down the road.
- Poor air quality: If you notice that the air in your home isn’t as clean as it used to be, it could be time to replace your air conditioning system. Over time, AC units can accumulate dirt and dust, impacting the indoor air quality of your living space.
- Strange sounds: If your air conditioning system makes strange sounds, it’s time for an AC service in Yuma, AZ. Grinding, squealing, or rattling noises can all indicate that something is wrong with your AC unit.
- Inadequate cooling: One of the most obvious signs that you need AC replacement is if your unit isn’t cooling your home like it used to. If you’ve noticed that your air conditioner is not working correctly, it’s time to call one of our professionals.
If you’re noticing any of these signs, it may be time for AC replacement in Yuma, AZ. Of course, only some of these issues necessarily mean you need a brand-new air conditioner. In some cases, AC repair might be all that’s required. If you’re having persistent problems with your AC unit, replacement of your system might be the best option.
Prevent Your AC From Experiencing Major Damage
Replacing an entire air conditioner is a big job and not something most people budget for. However, there are several things you can do to prolong the life of your air conditioner and prevent the need for replacement. Here are a few tips:
- Schedule an AC Tune Up In Yuma, AZ
- Change your filters regularly
- Upgrade your thermostat
- Keep your vents clear
- Avoid using your AC when it’s not needed
If you’re having trouble with your air conditioner or think it might be time for AC replacement, Contact Comstock Air Conditioning at (928) 783-7062 in Yuma, AZ. Our experienced technicians will diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action. In some cases, repair might be all that’s needed, but if your AC unit is beyond repair, we can help you choose a new system that will suit your needs.